Home

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Backyard Project: Progress Over 2 Weeks While I Was Away

Completed Pergola Paving
While I was away for 2 weeks visiting family work continued. On my return, it was exciting to go around the job site to see the progress.

The potting area cabinets

The project area cabinets

Electricians had been again and installed the outside lights.

The growth in the garden beds had taken off.

In some beds the comfrey was flowering. Normally this is the time when I cut it back but the bees are loving it and there are hardly any other flowers out for them to feed on so I left the comfrey to grow and flower.

The kale is nearly 6 feet high. I am leaving it to flower, seed and dry. The plants will be left in place to provide organic matter to the soil and I am hoping the seeds will germinate to keep us in greens over the winter again.
It was pretty exciting to see all of the changes after a break away. The progress doesn't feel as dramatic when observing it every day.

No comments: